May 16, 2011

Spring Birthday Wishes

ace's cake

ace's birthday dinner

chocolate and vanilla marble cake filled with vanilla pudding and frosted with swiss buttercream served with strawberry/raspberry ice cream (made from berries picked last summer)



chocolate cake with white traditional buttercream icing

birthday dinner

IMG_9344

It has been said before, children grow up so quickly. Even knowing intellectually that sage knowledge of my elders, I cannot believe how quickly time has passed! My babies are no longer babies; they firmly have both feet steeped in teenager life. I have so strongly identified with my mothering role and now I feel a shift. A shift that makes my eyes fill with tears but makes my heart happy because this is the path of time and I am grateful for it. Their needs are changing and I must adapt and let them live - let them make their choices - celebrating successes and learning from mistakes. I wish for them to always do their best and keep their minds open.

No comments: