September 26, 2009

Peanut Butter Cookies

peanut butter cookies

Peanut butter cookies are hit or miss for me - sometimes I really like them and other times I can't eat another one. This is a great easy recipe that I go back to again and again because peanut butter is a favorite of other family members in my house. (for some reason I never posted this post so here it is now)

Easy Peanut Butter Cookies
About 4 dozen cookies

2 sticks butter, softened
1 cup brown sugar
½ cup granulated sugar
2 eggs
1 ½ cups peanut butter
½  - ¾  cup of chopped peanuts (chunky or fine to your taste preference – dry roasted, honey coated whatever you have on hand)
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda

Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit
In a stand mixer
Combine the dry ingredients (flour, baking soda, baking powder) and mix with whisk.
Cream butter, brown sugar, and sugar until light. Add eggs and peanut butter mixing until well blended.
Add flour mixture and chopped nuts to the butter and combine until just blended.

Scoop out dough with a cookie scoop or spoons. You can roll into balls or as I do it I just use the scoop and then flatten with fork tines dipped in sugar.


Bake for 10 minutes until golden brown. 
Cool on wire racks and store in an airtight container.

IMG_9824

tree with blue wall

Untitled

No comments: