Black Bottom Banana Bars are such a easy snack to make. I whipped up a quick batch for my kids lunch boxes.
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1/2 cup of softened butter
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1-1/2 cups of mashed ripe bananas
- 1-1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease a 13"x9" pan.
- In mixing bowl cream butter and sugar. Add egg and vanilla and beat until combined. Blend in bananas.
- Whisk together in separate bowl flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt. Add to butter mixture.
- Divide batter in half. Add cocoa to half of mix. Stir until combined. Spread on bottom of pan. Spoon remaining batter on top of the cocoa mix and swirl with a small spatula.
Little banana purse for my daughter that I just finished sewing the monkey on. The monkey was lost all summer long but we finally found it.